Thursday, June 19, 2014

Are we all smart phone addicts??

Hello everyone..I cant believe it has been almost 4 months since I started this blog and I love every bit of it. This is my 100th post and I am really happy that I could make it till here.
For people who are not aware of it Amazon has released a new phone called "Fire phone" to know more about it click here Shop Amazon - Contract Cell Phones & Service Plans. The "Fire phone" has some nice features and you get a free Join Amazon Prime - Watch Over 40,000 Movies & TV Shows Anytime - Start Free Trial Now prime membership for a year  with it. The features are good but how the phone really performs is yet to be seen.
With so many phones in the market, everyone has a smart phone these days. Until 2 years back I did not want a smart phone the only reason was I saw my husband ,who had one used to always keep staring at it , which I did not like. Now everywhere I see people (including me) looking and checking for updates on the phone though it is urgent or not. I really get mad when the person driving in front of me checks their phone and misses the green signal. Only after I got a slight pain on my right thumb I started realizing it could be because of over usage of phone  and started monitoring my phone usage. Things that I found are:



*Morning as soon as I wake up I will check my phone
*Then when I use the restroom I make sure I have my phone.
*At work every now and then I check my phone for updates, apart from the fact that we can also check it from the laptop we use for work and most of the time it is nothing important.
*During lunch time I will surely check when I heat my food (once I over heated and burnt my bread )
*Then while driving I make it a point not to touch my phone , when I am waiting on the signal I will surely check once.
*After I come home whenever I get a call or message I will check my phone.
*Then before bedtime.
I do all this but when someone calls me on something urgent I never pick up the call as I might leave my phone on silent. I realized that I should cut down and I making a real effort now to cut down on usage. I know many of you will agree with me. We spend most of our time on this device which we never admit. We think we are doing something useful always. Please monitor your usage to make sure you are not a smart phone addict. I really wish my life was simple like it used to be before when I grew up  with one land line  phone in the house and attend only urgent calls that are required and lead a peaceful life by not bothering about other people's life on  Face Book and other social media every now and then and call my life hectic :)

No comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...