Friday, January 23, 2015

Want to know how to make Dosa Pizza???

Hello All, TGIF. I am really happy that a busy and sick week is coming to an end. Allergies in Austin is at its peak now I guess. All of us are sick and hope it gets better. I am happy to write my 150th post. I really feel accomplished and thank you all for the support.

There is a very good deal on Entertainment Book or the Coupon Book. This book has coupons to so many activities in Austin. There are many coupons  for restaurants like Cabo Bobs, Fire Bowl, Bombay Grill, Frullati Cafe and Bakery in Barton Creek Mall, Moaz Vegetarian, Bombay Bistro, India Palace, Sarover Indian Restaurant, Royal India, Pita pit, Apple bees, Quiznos, Start of India, Taco Bell(One restaurant where I never go , but my husband loves it, he always gets something from there once in awhile with these coupons), McDonald, most of them are buy on entree and get another free. There are also coupons for Pump it up, Austin Zoo, Aquarium, My Gym fitness center,Lady Bird Johnson World Flower Center, Zilker Park Botanical Garden, Zilker Park Boat Rental etc. The good news is the books are only $10 with free shipping and you have a whole year to use them. Buy Entertainment book for $10 with free shipping.

I usually grind dosa batter at home almost every week. I always have some batter left over from previous weeks . I will end up making dosa for myself with it and still there will be some left. The only other dish I sometimes make with it is "Kuzhi Panigaram" . Even that is also not  interesting to my family members and I end up eating it .Very rarely I will throw away the old batter if it becomes very sour.

Few months back I tried to make  Dosa Pizza , it was not welcomed that much since it tasted like uthappam with cheese and the base was soggy. I was always in search of a very good recipe on how to make pizza with dosa base. The irony of life is when you search very hard for something you dont get it immediately. Last weekend, you tube suggested a video for me to watch. Believe me this is the first time I am watching this cook show "Cooking with Venkatesh Bhatt".Guess what the show was about ??? It was "How to make Dosa Pizza". The trick is to make thick dosa's and cool it and then on low flame add the tomato sauce and the toppings and cheese and cover it. This tasted very good and the crust was similar to general pizza crust when eaten hot. Last Monday when my kids were home I made this and it was a superb hit. Now I have another problem to face they dont want normal dosas anymore :). But this is a good way to finish the left over batter and at the same time you can give kids a healthier version of pizza. Watch the video to know how it is made.Have a wonderful weekend and stay tuned :)



No comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...